Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What God is teaching me right now, is that when He works through us, it requires very little straining on our part. I find when I’m “trying” to reach people for Christ, by “sharing” the gospel, or recommending Christian music, books, or movies, or by sharing “Christian” stories in strategic locations hoping that someone nearby was eavesdropping (does anyone else ever do these things?), it almost always backfires or falls to the ground with a dull thud. The times when God has worked through me in the lives of others have been time when I wasn’t “trying” to do anything. I was just being me, doing what God created me to do, and being who He created me to be at that time, in that place, and in that season. It was natural, it was easy, it wasn’t hard or painful, and I wasn’t afraid. No wonder Jesus said His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

No comments: