Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mama Mia!


We watched this movie last night, and everyone absolutely loved it. I expected to like it, but I didn't expect to enjoy it quite as much as I did. The music was beautiful (featuring the music of the band "Abba"), as was the setting--a thoroughly entertaining show! The story line was definitely not an example of righteous living, but it did open doors to communication about the lies the enemy sends regarding sex, marriage and romance.

My husband is so cute... He loves music, and after the movie he spent an hour or so online researching the band's music and history. His music collection is mostly Christian, but my mom happened to have a copy of an Abba compilation album. So after he was done browsing the web, he played some of his favorite Abba songs on the stereo. The kids spent some time with him in the music room while I was cleaning up the kitchen and listening to the goings on from in there. It was a wonderful evening of family time and togetherness. Thank You, Lord, for the blessings and beauty of simple pleasures.

4 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel :)

ABBA is one of my favorite band. In fact there was a time when I used to listen their songs for hours to gether. Their performance in Australia was shown as a movie. I must have seen this movie at least three or four times. Some songs like MAMA MIA, FERNANDO,DANCING GIRL mesmorised me.

This post also brings to my memory about how after a long tedius search, I selected an abba gramaphone record and proudly gave it to my favorite girlfriend. She was so thrilled. I just can't forget the happiness in her face. Well that is a past story and so many years have rolled by. I wonder where is she now.

My best wishes to you and your family.

FCB said...

Hi Mel,
We watched it last night! I agree with your review, the location was stunning, made me want to go to Greece and live in her hotel.
The acting and the music was great, but like you said, typical Hollyweird promiscuity.
Many blessings,
Fred

Laura lok said...

LOVE this show and the actors in this version did graet

Mel said...

Joseph, what a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing! :)

Fred, I'm so glad you and your wife saw it, and enjoyed it! Woo-hoo! (joy shared is joy multiplied...)

Laura, I'm so glad you enjoyed the movie, too. That warms my heart! :)

May the joys of the Season be with you all!