Saturday, March 06, 2010

So much to catch up on...

Let's see... Where do I even begin?

Keith and I renewed our vows on Valentine's Day, and the ceremony was absolutely wonderful! If you'd like to see pictures, try this link. After that, we went on a 2nd honeymoon, just for a few days, but they were fairytale days. We enjoyed each other's company more thoroughly and peacefully than we ever have before. It was so amazing to feel zero stress! Everything about those days was good.

Now we're working at getting settled back in to all of us living together as a family. While my marriage is better than I ever imagined it could be, I still find myself feeling overwhelmed by the needs of the five children that live with us. I can't possibly meet the needs of 5 different people all the time, and am trying to find a balance that works for all of us. I so desperately want to have a home that is full of peace and joy, but is that even possible? Nothing is impossible with God. I keep telling myself that, like a mantra. And I take things one day at a time and try not to have unrealistic expectations.

I was doing pretty well losing weight there for a while, until the stress started building up again. Stress and me don't seem to get along very well. Cortisol, the stress hormone, turns on all of the fat storage programs in my body, apparently. Does that mean I'll never be able to lose weight until my kids are grown up and have left the nest? Dear Lord, I do hope not.

Lisa and Kristina are both doing very well. They're happy, and in relationships with men who are very good for them, and that they are very good for themselves. Things are really working out so very well for both of them, and I'm so grateful to be able to witness it all.

I've been having a great time keeping in touch with people (including myself) through Facebook and text messaging. And sometimes on the bus I'm able to do some reading, when it's not too hot. If it's too hot on the bus, I can't read because I get motion sickness.

I know I'm rambling, but at least these thoughts are being written down before they fly the coop, so to speak.

Life is good, God is GREAT, and I'm so excited to be back with my family again, I can hardly find words to express it. Love and gratitude are simply overflowing.

I took this picture on our second honeymoon, when we went for a walk on the one sunny day we had.

6 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel:)

I am absoltely thrilled and delighted to read the good news. Both of you look so brilliant and happy. I am filled with great joy. Your family photo is also wonderful. A very grand occasion and I am sure with God's help you will settle down well. I always felt for a person of your young age managing five children could be a handful. But then with diplomacy and tact I am sure you will be a grand success. I wish you and Keith a wonderful life with your gorgeous children. My prayers and good wishes are always with you and your family.

I was also thrilled to see your comment popping up in my post all of a sudden.It was a great surprise. It was like a breath of fresh air and I felt the warmth and joy of meeting an old,long lost friend, after a very long time.

As the saying goes-ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL. It also reminds me of another saying which we normally read in fairy tales-AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVERAFTER.

My best wishes and prayes Mel:)
With warm regards and affection:)
Joseph

Mel said...

Hi Joseph!!!

It was SOOOOO great reading your comment. And it was also so wonderful and heartwarming finally leaving a comment on your blog after all this time! :) I felt the exact same way--like being reunited with an old friend.

God bless you, Dear Joseph!

Affectionately,

Mel :)

Laura lok said...

oh I am so glad you are posting again. I enjoy your writings ever thought of compiling a book??

life is full of stress no matter what our situation its how we handle it that makes us stronger and less stressed. Its good that you recoginize the situation you are in and working towards goals keep up the good work and take each day as a gift from god.

FCB said...

Hi Mel,
I'm so proud of you and so thrilled with what God has done in your families life. May His praises be ever in our hearts. The percentage of couples that actually do the hard work to bring a marriage back together is very small and I applaud you and Keith for standing firm with the convictions God gave you. Again, few do as you do. Great pictures of the family and you look so happy, and young!!!!!
Regarding "having a home that is full of peace and joy", just stop and look at the big picture, we want to give our children the tools that will guide them, support them and allow them to find peace and joy all the days of their lives, this is done by working hard and keeping our homes in tact, not by putting out every little spark or fire-fight on a daily basis, impossible!!!!! Even if you lived alone. At the center we have thirty guys trying to make each of their lives better, you should see the sparks and fire-fights there, have mercy! but we go on towards the goal, and as Eric says, "we stumble forward." Yes we stumble, but we stumble forward. I like that, and God makes up the difference. Bless you and Keith in your great missionary work of training up warriors for Christ, may your family help change this world for good.
God bless,
Fred

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel:)

Wish you and your wonderful family a Happy Easter. May the Risen Christ bless you all abundantly.
Joseph:)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel:)

Many thanks for your comment on my new blog. Yours is the first comment I have received on the new blog:)

I really don't know what went wrong with my old blog. When I try to open it I get the information-BLOCKED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR. I don't know what really went wrong or someone has played some mischief.

Any way it looks like I have to start all over again. Kindly inform our common friends.

I suppose there is always a charm in THE NEW BEGINNING:)

I am glad you and your family had a wonderful Easter celebrations. I hope and pray your mum and dad are keeping well.

Best wishes Mel:)
Joseph