Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Honey, I'm home!

I find it hard to describe how I feel right now... How I have been feeling for the last month or so. It's as though the real me has been on vacation for many months, and, after wandering and wading through the swamp and the muck of anger, pride, confusion, disillusionment, etc., has finally found a way to come home again. Beth Moore would call it a season of sifting, which God was using, has used, and is using, to sift some of the impurities out of my heart and life.
Our church is going through a Beth Moore Bible Study right now called, "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things." And pretty much through all of the videos, and all of Beth's messages after the main video sessions, and through all of the homework, my heart and my head are nodding in total agreement and as much human understanding as I am capable of right now. It's so absolutely, utterly perfect for my life at this point, that I can see with my spirit's eye God's fingerprints and design all over the road map of my life over the last 2 years or so. He is so wonderful!

It is such a joy, blessing, and gift to be back to a place of total and complete trust in Him. I thought I was trusting Him all along, but I see now that there was some major guck in there that was keeping me from trusting Him fully. Truth be told, I'm sure there still is quite a lot more guck in there, and as painful as I know the process might be, I pray that God will quickly and efficiently set about removing whatever other impurities might be lurking the darkest and most hidden recesses of my mind, heart, and motives. In Jesus' name, let it be so Lord!

2 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel:)

I can see so much joy,happiness and contentment in this post of yours.Yes,God tested you to transform you from a good person into a wonderful person.He showed you that sometimes our paths can take us to difficulty, trials and tribulations.In the process we become strong and our faith increases.

I always remember JOB in the Bible who was reduced from a great life to a life of poverty,sickness and suffering and he lost all his family also.But he never doubted God at any time during this ordeal. In the end God restored everything to him many fold.

It is said that the true value of a diamond is tested in fire.

Mel, I am glad,NO, I am jumping with joy to you blogging again.

Wish you and your family all the best:)
Joseph

Mel said...

Hello, Sir Joseph! I was so tickled to get your comments! I was afraid that after going so long without posting, you might not remember me, and I am so very relieved to see that's not the case.

Lisa Bevere, a Christian author whom I deeply respect, says that who we are in the fire is who we really are. I believe that. And I'm grateful for the season of refining God has led me through these last several months.

Job is definitely an inspiration to me. I love it how when he prayed for his friends, God restored all that he had plus so much more.

Many blessings on you and yours today and always, dear Joseph! :)