Monday, June 30, 2008

The Anchor in the Storm

It's hard for me to write about this because I don't want anyone who reads this to be concerned, worried or anxious for me or for my family in any way. By God's grace, I certainly am not worried about it, but am constantly praying for God's perfect will to be done, whatever it looks like.

Keith is in the middle of changing jobs, which means that we've gone from having an income that more than met our monthly obligations, to having an income that covers about 10% of our monthly obligations. He and several other people are beginning a new business together, and only God knows how long it will be before Keith's income reaches a level that will cover our bills. It's very possible that we could lose our savings, our home, our credit, and whatever other earthly security there is in life.

In addition to the challenge of beginning a new business in a sluggish economy, there have been many other roadblocks and pitfalls that have cropped up. Some of them have been traps that have been purposefully laid by others with the express intent of doing us harm.

And finally, there are, of course, the daily ups and downs of learning how to live and work with and unconditionally love the people around us, and of learning how to speak the truth in love and receive and appreciate the sincere thoughts and ideas of others with grace and humility.

Keith and I have talked and prayed about this at length, and fully believe that God has lead us to this place. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is always good and always faithful, and that whatever happens, even when we make mistakes, we are in His hands. That's why I'm not worried about this at all, and am constantly looking heavenward with joyful expentancy, knowing that whatever happens, it will be for our ultimate good, and, infinitely more importantly, for God's eternal glory.

3 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

There must be some good reason why Keith is leaving a secure zone and venturing into an insecure zone.

I agree these are tough times to start a new venture but as long as Keith's partners are faithful to each other and are prepared to put in sincere hardwork, the business is bound to prosper.

Patience and perseverence are important.

To tell you my own story in a nutshell,I lost my job when three of my children were studying. My wife was a house wife. Inspite of my years of experience, I was getting jobs with very low salary with which I will not be able to meet my family expenses. I was desperate and terribly frustrated.

I prayed and prayed and asked God to show me a way. After about a year of struggle God opened my eyes. I started a projector rental business which gave me enough money not only to support my family but also to put my three childrem through college.

God came to my aid when I was down and out.

TRUST IN HIM AND WORK HARD. EVERY THING WILL BE ALRIGHT.

MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS!

Mel said...

Thank you for your words of encouragement, Joseph. I know that everything will work out. I'm so glad that everything has gone so well for you. God is always faithful. It's absolutely impossible that He could ever be otherwise. Sometimes things don't work out the way we would want them to, but we serve a big, good God who sees the big picture and loves us all the time. There's a great deal of peace in that truth.

Anonymous said...

Nothing can minimise your relationship with God even if you end up in a trailer court with three kids to a room. Lets hope it doesn't come to that but if it does I know you will still be praising God....even if through tears.

lots of love,
Kayloni