Tuesday, June 24, 2008


Happy Anniversary to my oldest daughter, Lisa, and her husband, Dustin!

They celebrated their 5th anniversary on June 7, 2008, and I just want to say how proud I am of both of them. Marriage in this culture during this time in history can be such a difficult challenge, and their flourishing relationship is truly a testimony to the grace and faithfulness of God, and to the benefit of surrounding ourselves with people who will speak God's truth into our lives.

Marriage is many wonderful things, but one of the best is that it's an illustration in the physical realm of the spiritual reality of Christ's relationship to His people. Lisa and Dusty are a beautiful, shining example of that. I thank God for both of these delightful young people, and pray His continued blessing over them in all they do.

4 comments:

FCB said...

Okay Mel, let me just dot over your children, of which I haven't seen pictures of the other three, but so far it looks like you are rearing models. I have to tell you I picture you at the age of Lisa.
Anyway, there is no way to exaggerate what a blessing Godly children are. I'll close with second John verse 1 -- "To the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in the truth......because of the truth, which lives in us, and will be with us forever."
Fred

Anonymous said...

Mel - Thank you for your wishes! We have been so blessed to have you in our lives. I am so grateful for all the years of your (and Pastor Eric's and others') words of wisdom, guidance and consistent prayers that have encouraged us to seek God no matter the circumstances. He will provide. And I must say, He has provided! Love you!!

Mel said...

Lisa, I can't even tell you how grateful I am to have you in my life, or how proud I am of you. Thank you for being who you are. You're in my thoughts and prayers always.

Fred, thank you. Of course I am biased, but I agree with you that they are beautiful, and what's even better, is that they are even more beautiful on the inside than they are on the outside, which is really saying something!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Kindly congratulate very beautiful Lisa and her very handsome husband Dustin on their 5th Anniversary.

May the Almighty God bless them abundantly and shower upon them all happiness and success!

Best wishes!