Friday, January 08, 2010

Something new to look forward to

One of the biggest changes in the way I think and feel is that I really, really want to be a stay-at-home mom. I’ve haven’t wanted that in a long time, if ever. Basically, the idea scared me half to death. For many years I’ve been clinging to my work as my lifeline to sanity. I feel competent and confident at work in a way that I never have at home – as a wife, a mother, or a homemaker. However, after reading two fabulously incredible books, “Changes that Heal” by Dr. Henry Cloud and “Boundaries in Marriage” by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend, I feel far more ready to face and embrace the challenges, hard work, and rewards that necessarily go hand-in-hand with such a life. (photo from the internet, added on 2/8/10)

4 comments:

FCB said...

Hi Mel,
It is so good to see you blogging again. I just love every pea picking word you have written so far! I will continue to pray for you and Keith and the kids, and I'm so proud of you both for sticking it out and working through it all. Bless God forever!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll pray you fall in love with full time mothering and may it be the richest season of your life.
God bless you all,
Fred

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel:)

It is tough to cope up with two jobs-one as a mother and the other as an employee. Both are demanding.

There are advantages and disadvantages in being a full time mom. But I suppose you have to try it out.

Best wishes Mel:)
Joseph

Danielle&Hannah said...

Hi Mel,

I was in church yesterday and the message in both the morning and evening services came from Revelation 2:4-5. The evening message had a marriage component. The preacher said that he absolutley loved being married to his wife! He would not have it any other way. He further said that it was not always that way, and there were some times of absolute crisis. It was in one of those times that he 'chose' to be married even though it didn't feel good or seem to solve the issue. He 'chose' to love his wife - because love is not a feeling, but a choice. And because of that commitment, he can now look back and see that "all things have worked together for good" in his marriage. There was much more to it than that - but that is the point that comes to mind at the moment.

take care, love and prayers, Danielle

Laura lok said...

following a path sometimes leads to fork in the road which one we take may not matter in the end because they both end up at the same place eventually just sometimes one is harder and longer then the other