Friday, March 24, 2006

Feet Firmly Planted on the Road to Life

I guess the most urgent feeling I have right now is that life is short, time is slipping by, there are hundreds of people within our circle of influence that are lost and on their way to hell, or lukewarm and possibly on their way to hell. We have this one life to live and to be faithful with, and a huge part of that is sharing God's message of hope and holiness with the world around us. When we get to heaven, heavenly things will be all that matter for all the rest of eternity. I want to serve others and to reach out and be God's hands in any way that He graciously allows me to be. I don't want to waste a second of my life doing anything other than what God wants me to do.

What God wants me to do is a lot. He wants me to pursue Him, to know Him intimately, to love Him more than anything or anyone, and to fear Him as much as I love Him (which manifests itself in complete, immediate obedience in all situations). He wants be to passionately be a wife to my husband and fulfill and satisfy him as a wife in all the ways that only I can. He wants us together to raise our children so that they will grow to passionately love and serve Him from hearts that love and fear Him more than anything or anyone else. He wants me to do my job whole-heartedly, giving my employer a job well done and giving them more than their money's worth because through my diligent submission to their authority, and if they have eyes to see, they may see God's light in me and be drawn to Him through it. He wants me to be an active, engaged member of the local church He's placed us in, freely sharing my talents and gifts and passions and ideas for the purpose of edifying His family and forwarding His kingdom. He wants me to guard and protect and value the relationships He's gifted me with, because relationships have eternal value and are incredibly important to Him. He wants me to reach out to the needy and forgotten in our community. He wants me to teach these things to our children. He wants me to reach out and speak and show God's truth and love to those around me at home, work, church and in the neighborhood. He wants me to enjoy the things He's created me to enjoy, but not to the point where they become idols or take the place of the things that are even more important to Him.

No comments: