Saturday, December 20, 2008

Diamonds in the Air!


When I woke up this morning, the sun was shining. And it was snowing. The snow flakes were the tiny, light-as-air kind that seem to be taking their sweet time making their way from the sky to the ground, and as the sun shone on them, the air seemed to be literally filled with glistening, sparkling diamonds. It was so beautiful, I could have stood at the window all morning, praising God for the incredible breathtaking beauty of His creation. Thank You, Lord!

4 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel :)

Enchanting photo with a very interesting write up.

Athough I am frightened of cold, I wish I was there to witness this grand spectacle.

Many thanks for sharing.

Best wishes :)

Candice Houston said...

We have not had a gorgeous snow yet. I would really like one! Your photo is stunning!

Mel said...

Hi Joseph!

The photo is one I grabbed online. I couldn't get a picture to turn out nearly as beautiful as the real thing, so I did the next best thing... I used someone else's picture. :)


Hi Candice!

Yes, the snow is beautiful. But it is treacherous and hazardous, too. Our area has seen many wrecks and injuries... So I guess not having a gorgeous snow yet carries blessings of its own with it... :)

******

Thank you so much for your comments. As you know, comments to a blogger are like a sweet treat to a child. :)

Blessings,
Mel

Tootie said...

What a beautiful photo! There is hardly a sight as nice as the sparkling snow. :-) Best of new years to you.