Tuesday, September 11, 2007

He Will Work All Things Together For Our Good!

Something else that I think about more now than I ever have before is the Supremacy of Christ. He is supreme over everything and everyone. No words can describe it, but I will spend the rest of my life digging deeper into the riches of the Supremacy of God's Glory. (I know that I have just barely scratched the surface of this life-changing treasure store of truth, and I'm so excited to learn more...)

One aspect of this relates to the emotions of fear, frustration and discouragement. I believe with my whole heart that the more intimately we know God, the more clearly we will see Him, and the less we will experience these three emotions.

Pastor Lee spoke a message this summer regarding fear, and near the end of the message he said that fear is selfish and it sets the enemy in motion. Faith is the opposite of fear and God moves in response to it. Whenever I find myself heading towards fear of anything - loss, injury, pain, confrontation, etc - I remember Joshua and Caleb, who didn't see the giants in the land as threats to be feared, but saw instead God's power, love and mercy revealed through His promises to deliver the land into their hand. I want to be a Joshua as I face every challenge of this life.

We all face giants every day, and God is absolutely supreme over all of them. And He has already promised that He causes everything to work together for the good of those who love Him. So I believe that if we are feeling fear, frustration or discouragement, it's because our eyes are focused on the problem instead of on our great Problem Solver.

(photo from the internet)

No comments: