Tuesday, September 11, 2007

There's so much to say, and so little time, and I really don't want to write a huge blog entry that'll take an hour to read, so I'm trying to decide what to write about -- which one of the marvelous things I've learned in the last couple of months. Indecision has caused me not to write at all, and that's not going to happen anymore, if I can help it.

The most important and life-changing concept that God has revealed to me is that He is my all-satisfying Treasure. John Piper said that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him, and this simple statement revolutionized my thinking. I found it at a time when I was struggling with sin and desiring inappropriate things. I was looking to other things to satisfy the needs of my heart, instead of going to the One True Source of happiness, joy, peace, satisfaction, enjoyment, fun, excitement, beauty, value, worth, acceptance and appreciation.

Everything in my life is so much brighter, clearer and more passionate, because I recognize, more than ever, the Value of the One Who gives it all to us and holds it all together. The rest of my life will be dedicated to knowing Him more intimately, appreciating Him more fully, and loving Him more supremely. By His grace and for His glory, may every single cell of my body and every aspect of myself be made an instrument of righteousness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoo hooouuu! This is what I miss most about hope group and yay! now I get to read your blog to get cheared up. Thanks for your positive perspective. You inspire me to dive into the word again.

-Kayloni