Friday, August 08, 2008




I received an email from a very dear friend of mine. It was painful to read, but it was appreciated. He shared some constructive criticism that really hit home. One of the things he said related to being authentic. I do love God, with all my heart, more than anything or anyone. When I’m walking in the Spirit, He is my source of everything – faith, joy, peace, contentment, power, wisdom, etc. When I’m walking in the flesh, I struggle with being tempted by other things. Sometimes I give in to temptation. May God forgive me for portraying other than an accurate picture of myself.

Here are some thoughts I’ve been pondering this morning, after shedding many tears last night over pain my own mistakes have caused, to others and to myself.

“It’s better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.” – Author Unknown

“Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.” – Proverbs 27:6

“Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.” – Proverbs 27:9

“If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!” – Ecclesiastes 4:10

2 comments:

FCB said...

Hi Melanie,
Your candid post reminds me of an older brother, that cared enough of me to give me "earnest counsel"; and I gave him many opportunities I'm afraid. But Proverbes adds another line to your quotes -- "A reproof entereth more into a wise man than a hundred stripes to a fool." So, take heart; if you came out a gainer for the constructive criticism, that makes you a wise woman. I suspect that's so.
God bless,
Fred

Mel said...

Thanks, Fred. I hope, pray, and strive for that to be so--to be a humble person who receives and applies God-given correction.