Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Host - The Book & Movie

This is the first book I've ever read twice in a row. It spoke to me on a deep level and I absolutely devoured it. The words flew off the pages at me. But then...

I saw this:



We all know how when we love a book and then see the movie that was made from the book, many times we're disappointed in the movie because of all of the changes to the storyline. I noticed the changes right away, but I still feel that the movie The Host captures the essense and spirit of the book better than I ever hoped. In fact, I think I like the movie even better than the book. The only other book/movie combo I felt the same way about was The Horse Whisperer... I definitely liked the movie better than the book in that situation.

Anyway, I love the movie The Host. There's something about it that speaks to the deepest core of me. I don't even know how to explain it. I cry through the 2nd half of the movie every time I watch it, and I crave it like a pregnant woman craves Chinese food, or pickle and peanut butter sandwiches. God brought this movie into my life at a very critical time, and I know that it is He who is speaking to me and encouraging me and uplifting my spirit through it.

No comments: