Monday, April 13, 2009

The Tale of the Labels

One of my jobs at work is putting labels on the cases of the cassette tapes that are used for the audio recordings of our City Council meetings. I used to use a typewriter to manually type the dates and lengths of the meetings on the labels. Then we upgraded to labels that are made for the laser printer that is nearest to my desk. I was excited when we first switched because using Microsoft Word to generate the labels is a lot more user-friendly and a lot faster than using the typewriter. Until I discovered that the printer was eating the sheets of labels. Somewhere between the time the sheet of labels is fed into the printer and the time they’re supposed to come back out with the printing on them, they were getting hung up and jamming the printer.

Finally, in desperation, after having wasted 5 or 6 sheets of expensive labels, I laid my hands on the printer and prayed that God would help everything to work properly. And, Praise His name, everything DID work properly! The next several times I printed labels, I laid my hands on the printer and prayed the whole time the labels were printing, and everything worked beautifully. Then, after about 5 such experiences, I forgot to pray for the labels and the printing process, and you know what? They got hung up again. So now I pray for the labels and the process every single time with my hands on the printer the whole time, and so far, it’s worked every time. Dozens of times. Thank You, Lord! I appreciate this because it reminds me that He is involved in all of the details of everything, all the time, whether we recognize His presence there or not.

(This is another one of Katrena's roses. I love the contrasts in this photo.)

6 comments:

Kat said...

Is God reminding you that He is there "all the time" no matter what the situation, or perhaps its just a reminder to "never cease praying"! No matter what the situation, God is always there for us!! Thanks again for my photo's. They look so much better on someone else's screen. God Bless...Kat

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel :)

Very interesting and amazing. I am spell bound at your experience. Incredible!

The photo is lovely. The rose seems to tell me: God is in me although I am here for a brief period spreading beauty and happiness.

Have a nice day Mel :)
Joseph

Danielle&Hannah said...

“So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Matthew 6:27-29

Small things matter sister!

:-D

Mel said...

Hi Katrena, Joseph and Danielle,

Thank you for your kind and enthusiastic responses to this silly story of mine. God bless all of you richly, today and always!

Love in Christ,
Mel

Laura lok said...

cute story. he works in mysterious ways

Mel said...

Hi Laura! Yes, He sure does!