Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thank God for Movies!

I'm in the middle of a massive project of filing away 6 months worth of paperwork. Previous to this, I took 2 months worth of cardboard to the recycling facility, which was also in itself a major project.

The reason I say "Thank God for Movies" is because this particular movie is helping me get through this extremely tedious filing project. As I'm filing, I'm playing this movie (which I dearly love) on the DVD Drive in my PC. I took a break from filing to post this post because something in the movie spoke to me.

Near the beginning of the movie, there's a scene where the main character is filling in for an actor who has passed out. The main character begins to sing "The Hills are Alive" from the movie "The Sound of Music," and his skillful singing and the beautiful music serve to bring order out of chaos.

This spoke to me, because this is how God so many times brings order out of chaos in my life... Through music. I love the music in "Moulin Rouge" which is why I love the movie itself. There are many things I don't like about the movie, but what I love about it far overshadows those things. So I say again, "Thank God for Movies." :)

6 comments:

Laura lok said...

we do whatever we can to make it through the day. funny I was telling a friend I was day dreaming of a big girlfriend get together someplace exotic and warm as I was filling boxes full of stuff in our office in prep for the next couple of weeks. LOVE the movie moulin rouge I think it was highly underated when it came out.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel:)

Good songs always makes us feel happy and takes away the tedium in the boring routine work. I read that in some offices the employees are allowed to use and iPod.

These are days of paperless office and so I am trying to figure out how come you have so much filing work to do:)

Have a nice day Mel:)
Joseph

Mel said...

Hi Laura,

We do whatever we can to make it through the day... Yes, exactly that! Daydreaming is another wonderful way to get through those tasks which are less than fun. Prayer is good, too. I spend a lot of time praying, but sometimes I feel so empty inside that the only prayer I can think of is, "God, please help me." I'm so glad you liked Moulin Rouge, too. :)

Hi Joseph,

I wish that my work office and home office were both paperless but, alas, such is not the case. Maybe someday. Until then, I need to work on doing the filing more often then once every year... It wouldn't be so overwhelming then.

God's richest blessings to both of you and to those who are dear to you! :)

FCB said...

Hi Mel,
I too am a fan of Moulon Rouge, it was an odd and unusual film, but captivating. Where would we be without music? We are so blessed to live at a time when we can listen to the world's greatest music with the click of a dial.
Can you imagine how difficult it would have been, or impossible a hundred years ago, and we can all too often take it for granted. You gotta love these times.
God bless,
Fred

Kayloni said...

I love this movie as well!

Mel said...

Hi Fred,

I'm so glad you liked the movie, too!

Where would we be without music? I can't even imagine. Music adds so much to life, that to imagine a world without it is like imagining a world without color. The easy access to music of all kinds is one of the things I love about having been born into this time in history.

Hi Kayloni,

I'm glad you liked Moulin Rouge, too! I hope everything is going well for you and that you're feeling well.

God bless you both! Have a beautiful day! :)