Thursday, March 05, 2009

Megan's Poems

The sleeping giant within her seems to have awakened…

****
Heavens Jewels

I got to the place
where there are smells of flowers
I got to the place
where there are gold towers

I got to the place
where the bluebirds sing
I got to the place
where the bells and chimes ring

Heaven is a jewel of life
Many jewels are found there
Heaven is a jewel of life
where there is love and kindness to share

I got to the place
where God sits on His throne
I got to the place
where you are never alone

I got to the place
where Jesus rose up to
I got to the place
where there is room for you

Heaven is a jewel from God
the greatest jewels are found there
Heaven is a gift from God
And God has love and kindness to spare

God is the jewel of Heaven’s throne...

Megan Coe 03/03/09

*****

There is One Man

Walking down this lonely road
walking on my own
no love anywhere
I am all alone


When I ask for help somewhere
they all turn and walk away
no kindness anywhere
no more light of day


There is one man
There's one man out there
He is just
and He is fair


There is no God like You
anywhere else
we need to put our trust in You
not our selves

So many dangerous trials
we have gone through
but we have got through every one
because we have You

There is one man
there is one man out there
He has love
that He will share

You are that man
the one man out there
You are just
and You have love that You will share

You have love that You will share...
You have love that You will spare...


Megan Coe 03/03/09

*****

JOHN 3:16

God sent His Son
to die for us
He was love
He was just

Our confused lives
so many sins we've done
We never knew
You were the one

You carried our burdens
and died for Your love
You died on a cross
but rose to above

You did so many wonders
no one could comprehend
You said You'd be back
and that it wasn’t the end

You were the Lord God
What love you had shown
It was our Lord God’s
and it was Your own

And I say thank You
for You are kind and good
You have taught me well
More than anyone would

You are great
conquering fear
With Jesus Christ
pulling us near

And I say thank you
for you have saved my life......

Megan Coe March 1, 2009

*****

IN HEAVEN’S EYES

My mamma is dying
Lord what do I do
She’s out of my hands
I’m giving her to You

Tears ran down my face
As I realized she was gone
is this the road
The one I’m supposed to be on?

A leap of sorrow
came and went away
Then I heard the Lord say
There will be another day

And He said

look at it from heaven’s eyes
your mamma’s safe with Me
I am Christ, your God
Don’t you see?


I sank to my knees
not knowing what to do
God spoke to me again
and said I love you

A smile of love
Appeared on my face
I got to my feet
and began life’s race

And He said

look at it from Heavens eyes
you’re where you wanna be
Do not fear
put all your trust in Me

I will look at it from Heaven’s eyes
I’m where I wanna be
I will not fear
And now I see!

Megan Coe 03/01/2009

(Mel’s Note: I don’t know where the “my mamma is dying” came from… I haven’t been diagnosed with any deadly diseases recently. This poem literally poured out of her as she was doing dishes the other day. Don’t know what it means, but God does.)

8 comments:

Laura lok said...

thanks for the disclaimer. You know someone will ask.

Poems are a great way for young people to just express what they feel or how they just don't understand life sometimes I think. I think that they think of death not as an older person would they see it as an unknown a curiosity. It may be scary to think of someone they care about not being around anymore. Whereas when we are older we have experienced death around us and know how it feels in our hearts its not an unknown but a fact of life.

Mel said...

Good comments, Laura. You're right. Thanks!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel :)

I am stunned to read these poems.

Megan's capability is astounding. Words pour from her like the Niagara Falls.

The words are simple, easy to understand and with profound meaning. I am spell bound by her creativity and the easy manner in which it flows. It is just not a flow, it is torrential flow which made me sit up in awe and wonder.

She is a genius in the making. She deserves all praise, compliments, congratulations and most of all encouragement to persist is her astounding skill in writing.

Many, many thanks for sharing. Please convey my regards and best wishes to her for all success :)

Mel said...

Thank you so much, Joseph! Megan will be tickled pink when she reads your thoughtful and sincere compliments.

May you and yours experience God's health, joy and peace in ever-increasing measure!

FCB said...

Hi Mel,
I too am thrilled with this young person's heart and how easily she pours it out on paper. Such pathos! Surely God has great plans for this young heart so tender and sensitive to his voice. It gives me great hope for the future to see how wonderfully you have passed on your faith and heart to your daughter and how she has interpreted. Atta girl Megan!

Mel said...

Thank you for your encouraging comments, Fred! Megan will be so blessed when she reads them. I'm sure that God does have great plans for Meg, but I'm equally sure that if I have anything to do with those plans, it's only because of God's sustaining grace. I feel like I do nothing but fail when it comes to her, but I'm so glad that His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

Anonymous said...

Precious! This makes me think back at poems I created when I was first born-again... long ago. My Hannah is coming up with lots of things... a song soon... but no poem yet.... ;-)
I have to post the song she will choose to sing in two weeks... it's just precious... a bit like the desert song you sent me :-)

Tk care! and yes, speak scripture into life!

Mel said...

I can't wait to hear, or at least read the words to, Hannah's song, Danielle! What a treat! :)