Monday, March 16, 2009

A Refreshing Time of Much-needed Fellowship


Keith and I, and Linnea and Stephen, spent the day with friends on Saturday. The kids hung out in the lovely roomy basement stocked with tons of new, fun toys and educational movies, and even got outside to enjoy the fresh air a bit. Us grownups, in addition to enjoying a veritable buffet of delicious food, watched movies together, while we ladies were scrapbooking (or getting ready to scrapbook) at a table set up very conveniently near the TV area. We watched Mamma Mia!, King Arthur, The 13th Warrior, The Holiday, Triple X, and part of InnerSpace. There were several profoundly inspiring scenes in King Arthur, the last one of which prompted me to declare that I was going to start watching movies with a laptop in front of me, so when great scenes like those happened, I would be able to capture them in writing to put on my blog. Someone came up with the brilliant suggestion that I not do that, but instead keep a pad of paper and writing utensil nearby to jot down the times of the particularly meaningful scenes, and go back through them at my leisure to capture the desired dialogues. And that’s what I intend to do! Thank you to that person for the suggestion!

So sometime in the near future, Lord willing, there will be the dialogues of six inspiring (to me) scenes posted on Echoes… Three from King Arthur, one from The 13th Warrior, one from Fellowship of the Ring, and one from Return of the King. In addition to those, there are a couple of excerpts from books I’m reading that I want to post as well, to be preserved for posterity, or for however long the freedom of the internet lasts, anyway.

4 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel :)

I am getting jealous of the party you had with good food, movies and camaraderie and came out with innovative ideas.

Some how I feel you mind is always working overtime and you get many excellent inspirations.

Best wishes :)

Mel said...

Hi Joseph,

Oh, no, please don't be jealous... Maybe you could host a party of your own? :) It was fun, but it's always fun to get home, too, to the comfort of familiar surroundings.

Best wishes to you and your family, too!

FCB said...

Hi Mel,
I have to laugh because I feel the same way Joseph does, where do you get all your energy?
Sounds like fun and that is a good idea, often there are profound thoughts in movies that go unmentioned. I'll look forward to them.
Fred

Mel said...

Hi Fred,

I always enjoy reading your comments so much. Thank you for taking time to post them. :) At this point, I'm looking forward to them, too. If God wants me to post them, He'll have to show me when and how to get them written and posted. :)

Blessings to you and your family,
Mel