Thursday, March 26, 2009

Unforgettable Prayer from a Friend

A dear, sweet, precious friend (who asked to remain nameless when I asked her if I could post this) wrote to me and asked if she could pray for me about anything in particular. So I emailed her back about some specific topics, and she sent me this beautiful prayer that I will never forget. I join her in praying these things for myself and for everyone within my circle of influence. I also pray for these things for her, and for those within her influence. May God’s perfect will be done in all things, by His grace, and for His own honor and glory!

******

March 18,2009

Dearest Lord,

Thank you for bringing Melanie into my life. Her riches in You are so evident in every post and email she writes and I get the pleasure of reading. Her gentleness is greatly appreciated by me and I'm sure by You.

Father, she has made specific prayer requests that I know she has brought to You and You have heard and responded the first time You laid these things upon her heart. But I would now like to add my prayer to hers and Yours.

Father, first for her health I pray Your light into every area where she feels weakness physically. Lord, you created every cell, every sinew and knew her before she was weaved in her mother's womb. Father You care about every hair on her head and you care about every cell in her body. Lord I pray complete health and wellness into her physical body and command Satan to get behind her in Jesus name. Walk in health Melanie.

For her marriage, I pray wholeness and health in their communication with each other. Let their differences be overshadowed by their Love (Godly redemptive Love supernaturally given for those You call Your own) for each other. Let Truth outweigh facts. God I know that you care very much about Melanie's heart and it is You who has placed this prayer of redemption upon her. She also needs and desires a better relationship with her kids. What mother doesn't? Lord, show her daily where Your hand is guiding her when it comes to her kids, also Lord continually show her when you want her to see something inside her kids' behaviors that is meant to teach her about Your love for us. If guilt or condemnation tries to find their way into her life and speak to her in whispers about her failures......Father help her to stand up against them and tell them to get behind her too in Jesus name.

Father, as far as tithing goes, show Melanie different ways she can tithe to you that don't necessarily involve money for now. Show her a new , supernatural way to tithe her first fruits to you. I pray against the spirit of poverty that chains down the sheep of this pasture. (the church she attends) Father, break these chains, and bring new revelation that brings forth fountains of understanding and insight about Your Kingdom riches ( Oh, Lord I pray this for myself too!) Father, I do not believe that we are to be in poverty whether in spirit or in our physical bodies. I believe You have created us as wineskins and cups to overfill so that the Kingdom can move forward into enemy territory and save the lost souls bound there. And if it doesn't take money, it does take Your power....So overfill them with Your power Lord....to stomp on the enemy's head and loosen the grip of darkness in all areas of their lives. ( Again,I pray this for myself too Lord)

Melanie, I speak Peace on your heart and your soul in the Name of Jesus.

I have been blessed to be able to pray for you. Thank you for letting me do that.

5 comments:

FCB said...

Mmmmm, Melanie, this is so rich. May God continually move in this person's heart to speak his love. Good stuff.
Fred

Mel said...

Amen, Fred. They are truly gifted. :)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel:)

Very powerful prayer. I am sure God will answer this. All of us who visit your blog and read this prayer will also benefit.

Many, many thanks for posting this wonderful prayer written with intense feeling from the heart.

Have a nice day.
Joseph :)

Danielle&Hannah said...

Thanks be to our God who is the only living God... loves us and knows us better than we know ourselves. God is far more interested in us than in anything we possess. I pray in Jesus name that you are hedged about by angels as are your family and the people of your church.
That's so true, why not pray for each other... even virtually! How amazing is the love of God shed abroad in our hearts. God is good to you, me, Fred & Joseph. May the bonds of Christ strengthen our spirits at all times!

Mel said...

Hey there, Joseph and Danielle! It's always such a delight and pleasure to see your comments. Thank you for taking time to read and to post thoughtful responses. :) It is amazing how God can and does use anything and everything to bring blessing and truth into our lives, and to strengthen relationships, even when we're separated by huge distances. Isn't He wonderful? :)

Much love in Christ to both of you, and Fred, too, of course! :)