Tuesday, March 03, 2009

My Favorite Movies


  • August Rush
  • Amazing Grace
  • The Passion of the Christ
  • Lord of the Rings Trilogy (The first movie is my favorite. I just recently discovered this.)
  • Liar Liar
  • Phantom of the Opera (newer version w/ Gerard Butler)
  • 13 Going on 30
  • The Man in the Iron Mask (newer version with Jeremy Irons)
  • The Count of Monte Cristo (newer version with Jim Caviezel)
  • Prince of Egypt
  • The Chronicles of Narnia Movies
  • Joseph King of Dreams
  • Young at Heart
  • Bella
  • Wall-e
  • Mamma Mia!
  • The Secret Life of Bees
  • The Ultimate Gift
  • Smile
  • The Apartment
  • Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
  • It’s a Wonderful Life
  • A Christmas Carol
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • The Miracle Worker (old B&W version where Patty Duke plays Helen)
  • Just Like Heaven
  • Provoked
  • Not Without My Daughter
  • The Visitor
  • Martian Child
  • The new Batman movies
  • Superman, Superman II, & Superman Returns
  • The Star Wars Movies (all six of them)
  • The Spiderman Movies
  • The X-Men Movies
  • Hellboy II
  • The Harry Potter Movies
  • Bruce Almighty
  • Evan Almighty
  • The Proposition
  • A Walk on the Moon
  • A Walk to Remember
  • Gladiator
  • Mother Theresa
  • Born into Brothels
  • I Know I’m not Alone
  • Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
  • Pretty Woman
  • Ghost
  • Untraceable
  • Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (old version)
  • Freaky Friday (new version)
  • Parent Trap (old version)
  • An Officer and a Gentleman

Sheesh, the list is a lot longer than I thought it would be. Some of these movies have been so instrumental in my life, they’ve become woven into the fabric of who I am. Others of them are just really enjoyable and/or have a great message. I think all of these movies are worth seeing at least once. (Warning: some of these movies may not be appropriate for children.)

4 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mel :)

You have a long list of movies which you like.

Of these I have seen only two:

PASSION OF CHRIST
GLADIATOR

Although I used to like movies when I was younger, now I don't have the patience to sit through a movie.

Recently I saw the SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE because it won 8 Academy awards.

Best wishes :)

Mel said...

Hi Joseph,

You are the way you are for a reason, and I'm so glad! I watch an insane number of movies. Part of the reason is because we don't have cable and don't receive any local stations, so we don't have any TV programming at all.

The other reason is because movies are very relaxing to my husband, we have a huge collection, and it's what our family does to relax together.

That's okay, God speaks to us through the messages in the movies so many times. Thank you as always for your comments, dear Brother! :) God's richest blessings to you and yours!

Laura lok said...

impressive list. i think it would take me a long time to write a list of my favorites. A couple great ones are Harvey, arsenic and old lace, Desk set, baby. hmmm those are old movies I am really drawn to those. let see some newer ones signs, mamma mia of course, men in black, independance day and ghostbusters

Mel said...

Hi Laura,

Those are good shows, too. I thought of several other movies to add to my list after I posted this. I might have to go back and add them later. :)